The elongated leaves of the Schefflera plant liken its shape to that of an umbrella. Thus its nickname, the Umbrella Tree, makes a lot of visual sense. Perhaps the most fascinating thing about this plant is the fact that it acts as a natural air freshener and detoxifier. The leaves expectedly release oxygen, but they also absorb pollutants from the air. The combination of its attractive leaves and detoxifying powers makes the Schefflera plant a very popular indoor plant. It is also one of the easiest plant to have in terms of maintenance.
💩Growing medium: Potting mix, Perlite or Stones
🪴Pot: Terracotta or Ceramic pot with a drainage hole at the bottom
⛏Tools needed: Watering can, Trowel
1. Select a pot that is slightly bigger in size than the plant's current pot or container.
2. Add some perlite or stones at the bottom of the pot, this allows excess water to drain out easily.
3. Fill the pot with a layer of potting mix (usually about 1/3 rd of the height of the pot).
4. Take the plant out of the current pot and place it in the new pot. Make sure the plants roots are sitting well inside the new pot's rim.
5. Fill in the potting mix around the plant's roots so that the plant now sits firmly in the new pot.
6. Water well to allow the plant to settle in the new pot.
1. Place the plant in a spot where it gets the required light.
2. Water regularly as needed. After watering, make sure excess water drains out at the bottom of the pot.
Pro-tip: Water only when the soil is dry. Soil for the plants placed indoors dries at a slower rate than the ones outdoors. Use your fingers to check the soil for dryness.
3. Add fertilizer to the plant as needed to keep your plant healthy.
Note: Houseplants usually need a balanced mix of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium in their fertilizers. Nitrogen helps maintain healthy leaves whereas phosphorus and potassium help in building a strong root system and grow healthy flowers/fruits. Look for the NPK ratio on your fertilizer and apply the fertilizer as directed.
The actual plant may differ as each plant and pot has it's own unique natural look and though look identical but are never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.